Worship arrangements following reopening - Updated
Following further reflection, Elders have decided that we can relax some of the restrictions on the use of our church buildings for in-person worship each Sunday, whilst being mindful of the continuing need to keep each other and the Church safe.
For now, a range of Covid-secure arrangements remain in place, and we hope that members, friends and visitors, including children, will feel able to join us for worship each week.
To help keep the space as Covid safe as we are able, our windows and transept door will be open during the service to increase ventilation. Whilst we look forward to offering you a warm virtual welcome, we would advise that you dress warmly!
- The doors will be open from 10.10 am. if you have Covid symptoms, have had a positive test in the past 14 days, or are self-isolating because you have been in close contact with someone who has Covid-19, please do not come to church.
- You are encouraged to use the NHS Covid-19 App. We are no longer recording names and contact details for Public Health England.
- We will also need to maintain social distancing and so we would ask that you limit your movement within the building and that you sanitise your hands as you come into the Sanctuary.
- Face coverings must be worn whilst you are moving around in communal parts of the building (unless you are exempt).The wearing of masks during worship is now optional.
- Please bring your own water.
- The rows of seats have been spaced 2 metres apart, and we ask that you try to keep at least one empty seat between individuals or groups. Families / Bubbles may sit next to each other.
- Children will need to stay seated with their families and will not be able (sadly) to move around during the service.
You may use the toilets, but to maintain social distancing you may have to wait. Please sanitise your hands before entering. After using the toilet, please wash your hands for 20 seconds using the
soap and water provided.
- On alternate Sundays, Craig will be leading the service at St Andrew's, and our service will be led by one of the church family, or we will have a visiting preacher.
- We are now encouraging communal singing of the hymns, with or without masks as you prefer.
- There will be no offertory collection, but plates are available at the back of the church. Members are encouraged to review their giving and arrange regular payments by bank transfer or standing order where possible.
- When services include the sacrament of Holy Communion, the elements will be served in a Covid-secure way.
- Junior Church will be organised in Holmwood Hall on most Sundays. The children/young people will leave during the second hymn and return for the communion as previously.
After the service:
Refreshments will be provided after the service, being served to people at their seats in a Covid-secure way, in order to allow for a time of fellowship.
We ask that you leave though the main doors after coffee, maintaining social distancing at all times, both inside and outside the building.
Return to home page